City Division: Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
Work Location: 55 John Street, Toronto
Job Type & Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: $110,947.20 to $130,353.60
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 40 hours work week
Number of Positions Open: 1
The City of Toronto is looking for a Senior Specialist Urban Technology Protection (Emerging Technology) for the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer reporting to the Manager Threat Intelligence & Fulfillment.
To provide subject matter expertise, strategic advice, senior level guidance and operational support for the development, delivery, sustainment and protection of critical infrastructure and emerging technologies that will assist in detecting, monitoring and predicting cyber risk.
To engage with teams across the organization to build alignment on key projects and initiatives and develop execution road maps.
To support the execution of the Chief Information Security Officer’s (CISO) mandate, cyber vision and strategy, providing technical and business advice, support and services to all City divisions, agencies and corporations.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Technology or a related discipline
- Over 6 years’ experience in Information Security.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and best practices, especially related to industrial environments in the cyber security space.
- Extensive experience with Industrial Control Systems, PLCs, and SCADA Systems
- Extensive experience with Emerging Technologies (e.g. Election Technologies, Autonomous Vehicles, 5G, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Sensing)
- Technical expertise in IT/OT integration and convergence.
- Familiar with process safety risk, process hazard analysis, control system analysis, and layer of protection analysis.
- Expertise in security protection solutions including firewall, intrusion detection and protection systems, web application firewalls, anti-virus, and security monitoring solutions.
- Preferred Certifications (any in the list): CISSP, CTIA IoT, CCSP, CISM
Find the detailed job responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other information here.
A normal workweek is 40 hours, however, unforeseen situations may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment, and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy.