City Division: Office of the CISO
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: $110,947.20 to $130,353.60
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 40 Hours per Week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Closing: October 28, 2020
An excellent opportunity with The City of Toronto. The City is looking for a Senior Specialist Threat Management – Cloud Access & Protection. The Specialist will be placed in the office of the Chief Information Security Officer reporting to Manager Cloud Access & Protection.
To support the execution of the Chief Information Security Officer’s (CISO) mandate, cyber vision, and strategy, providing technical and business advice, support, and services on Threat Management cyber programs and initiatives to all City divisions, agencies and corporations.
To define, develop, and support Threat Management cyber programs and initiatives, engaging with teams across the organization to build alignment on key projects and develop execution roadmaps.
To provide subject matter expertise, strategic advice, senior-level guidance, and operational support for Cloud Access & Protection area within the Threat Management section.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Technology or a related discipline
- Over 6 years of experience in Cloud Assessment & Protection.
- Hands-on implementation experience with cloud data platforms
- In-depth knowledge of various Azure, Google, AWS technologies, and best practices.
- Extensive experience with container hosting and orchestration services.
- Known for your strategic, innovative, systematic thinking and ability to help others through change.
- Strong knowledge of effective security practices in a large, complex environment and awareness of general security-related training requirements within this environment.
- Preferred Certifications (any in the list): CISSP, CRISC, OSCP, CEH, GPEN
Find the detailed job responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other information here.
A normal workweek is 40 hours, however, unforeseen situations may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment, and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.