City Division: Office of the CISO
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: $128,728.60 to $151,278.40
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 40 Hours per Week
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Closing: October 28, 2020
The City of Toronto is looking for an experienced Cloud Access & Protection Manager reporting to the Director Threat Management.
To provide senior-level strategic and tactical guidance to the Director Threat Management, as well as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in the execution of its mandate to establish and maintain a City-wide cyber program to ensure the City is adequately protected.
To provide leadership, guidance, and manage the design, integration, and implementation of cyber solutions that support the organization and the CISO’s strategic objectives.
To collaborate with clients to develop and articulate cloud strategies for initiatives across all segments of the organization.
To lead the deployment of effective and efficient architecture, development, and implementation of cloud technology solutions.
To administer the unit’s financial and administrative responsibilities including the operating budget process, monitoring spending, and revenues, and directing the unit’s cyber information technology program services, communications, human resources planning and decisions, quality assurance, and staff training.
To collaborate with other segments of the organization to manage City-wide cyber initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Technology or a related discipline.
- Over 7 years of senior-level experience in Information Security
- Deep knowledge of the overall Public/Private cloud landscape and experience with assisting clients to understand the myriad of options available which includes preparing a business case to define an appropriate roadmap for their business and ultimately helping the clients in executing their roadmap.
- Extensive experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design, and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Extensive experience in migrating applications to the cloud, especially remediation/migration of legacy applications for cloud deployment.
- Extensive knowledge of security industry standards and best practices such as ISO 27001 and NIST standards.
- Strong understanding of security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities and the judgment to assess and articulate risk effectively.
- Preferred Certifications (any in the list): CISSP, CRISC, ISSAP, CISM, CISA, CCSK, TOGAF Certified Architect, CCSP, Azure SEA, AWS CS
Find the detailed job responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other information here.
A normal workweek is 40 hours, however, unforeseen situations may require extended hours of work with little or no prior notice. In case of a cyber incident or breach, rotation shift, continuous extended hours may be required with little or no prior notice.
*Subject to a police check, background check, psychological assessment, and/or any other checks on a regular basis as the Office of the CISO handles highly sensitive and confidential information.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.