We are looking for a Senior Security Researcher with an Incident Response / Red Team background to join our founding security research team. As a Senior Security Researcher you will be in charge of performing advanced research in both the cyber security space as well as product oriented research. You will take a key role in building our company, taking both our subject matter expertise and our product forward.
A well-funded, early-stage User Behavior Analytics company, pioneering a new approach to advanced threat detection applying machine learning and data science to analyze signals and artifacts from activity logs.
- Collaborate with a team of security domain experts, data scientists, platform engineers and product managers to identify security threats
- Conduct research activities including idea proposition, review, prototyping and feature spec suggestion, as well as author research papers and presentations to present both internally and at leading industry conferences and publications
- Support the product team by performing technology or domain specific research in order to provide background for product direction and development
- Work under general guidance with minimal close supervision
- Research fields may include but not limited to: incident response and forensics, reverse engineering, statistical analytics, competitive analysis, log analytics, machine learning approaches
- 3+ years Experience in conducting host and network forensics, log analysis and malware triage in support of incident response investigations as an incident analyst or as a member of a red team.
- Must be comfortable with scripting and coding languages to develop prototypes and solve comprehensive technical challenges
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment
- Strong communications and collaboration skills
- University degree or equivalent experience is required