- Minimum MSEE/CS with 10 years of software development experience in networking, software architecture, design, with more than 5 years in the security space.
- Proven successful technical leadership experience in Network Security technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Proxy, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, data protection, encryption solutions and authentication systems (LDAP, SAML, etc.).
- Knowledge of Enterprise/Service Provider network security deployments.
- Proficient in internet and security protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS and Key Management.
- Hands on experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded systems.
- Expert in C/C++ coding.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.
- Design and Build:
- Architect, build, and maintain security systems for the network and the associated stacks within it, in anticipation of exponential company growth. Your experience and opinions will be instrumental in the design and build.
- Design the security systems using our GigaSecure platform to interconnect tools, manage traffic and orchestrate workflows.
- Manage and Maintain:
- Manage a full stack of security tools without compromising the high bar for data security.
- Solve problems relating to critical services and business processes that improve security and business processes.
- Automation frameworks, script task automation and own Linux systems security administration end to end.
- Make data security a critical requirement for the platform, including Software Development as a security subject matter expert.
- Be the champion of site resiliency, reliability, and robustness and balance developer requirements.
- 8+ years of experience with complex interconnected UNIX/Linux systems.
- 5+ years working within the information security space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with various scripting and programming languages such as Python, C+, Java, etc.
- SIEM experience, preferably Splunk and ninja like regex skills.
- Experience with both RDBMS (MySQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo).
- High-level understanding of software systems design and technical concepts.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, OSI, load balancing, DNS and VPNs.
- Expertise in network and application monitoring and intrusion detection systems – Snort or Suricata.
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP and Naming, SSO, 2Factor).
- Some experience with incident triage and forensically sound IR response.
- Effective when working under pressure and good enough to make sure that rarely happens.
- Bonus points for reverse engineers with solid assembly-language mnemonics (we’ll provide copies of IDA).