The Principal Unified Communications Consultant is responsible for overseeing the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of large multi-site, unified communications environments. This role provides business development support and leads the development of future state (UC/LAN/WAN) systems designs, deployments, leads project teams, prepares Bill of Materials (BOM) and implements best practices for UC/LAN/WAN engagements to ensure client investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives and that proposed projects are executed successfully. The candidate will fill a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for UC/LAN/WAN projects and will be expected to support sales efforts.
- Designing and implementing UC/LAN/WAN solutions
- Working with project managers to create and verify detailed requirements definitions, fully developed project plans with milestones and timelines, the identification of necessary resources, and the successful completion of the project within budgets and on time
- Executing best practices in UC/LAN/WAN builds, integration, testing, and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions
- Directing junior level engineers in efforts needed to complete projects
The candidate must be experienced and comfortable working in a variety of complex, enterprise environments including but not limited to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Unified Messaging (Exchange and Domino), Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Provisioning Manager, Cisco Unified Presence, Microsoft Exchange and Unified Messaging, and Microsoft Lync Server.
- Possess a minimum of 2 major industry certifications (ie CCIE-Voice, including CCIE “written and lab” required)
- 5 or more years designing and implementing UC/LAN/WAN environments
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience with Cisco Unified Applications like (CUCM, CUC, CER, UCCX, Presence, WebEx, Wireless, Video, etc.)
- Strong experience designing and implementing and supporting highly available, redundant UC/LAN/WAN solutions for large enterprise UC/LAN/WAN engagements with 1,000 to 20,000+ endpoints in a multi-site environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, WINS, sniffers, Windows Server operating systems, network systems (i.e. Cisco routers & switches) Load Balancing, Firewalls, LAN, WAN and High Availability
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS)
- Ability to map business requirements to technical solutions and create Bills of Material (BOM)
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Strong customer service and documentation skills